Big Game Hunters FFXIV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Game Hunters FFXIV

Linkshell Forum for FFXIV

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New update on Data Centers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaglusiont
Admin
Vaglusiont

New update on Data Centers Empty
PostSubject: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 pm

It has come to my attention that we can choose to not be on Ragnarok if we want. This means a few things but there is still info we need. If we move to an American server the "hot" times will be more inline with when we are logged in meaning more people around. We can try and find a smaller server so that our chances of ever buying a free company house goes up. Are we still restricted to Legacy worlds? Has anyone picked a world since the update already?

Any info you know can help us make this decision quickly so we can get back to playing.
Back to top Go down
https://bghffxiv.forumotion.com
Serls

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Ragnarok is EU Legacy.

NA Legacy are Balmung, Excalibur, Hyperion, Sargatanas.

Back to top Go down
Kirianna

Kirianna

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Where did you see that those were the NA only servers? All I can find is that Legacy servers are still either JAP or NA/EU.
Back to top Go down
Kirianna

Kirianna

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Best I can find on anything is this:

Quote :
If you have characters on multiple Worlds, please select the appropriate data center for the character you wish to play as before logging in.

To me that's why it looks like you can choose a new world. It's there in case you have characters across multiple worlds so you can choose. I can't imagine that they would let people just choose new worlds willy-nilly when they just instituted the World Transfer Service.

Also, I saw a note saying that all Legacy servers have the prices of the guild halls raised higher then non-Legacy servers because there is more gil already on those servers.
Back to top Go down
Auly

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Am I hearing this right and we are considering moving to a new server?
Back to top Go down
Kirianna

Kirianna

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm

No! You are absolutely not hearing it right.

There was a question of whether we could pick a new server or not because of the Data Center log in thing. As it turns out, we can not change worlds unless we use the World Transfer Service which you have to pay to do. There is also no indication that Legacy Members can do even that.

When asked to log in it will ask you to pick a Data Center. All your characters on Ragnarok are only accessible if you choose the Chaos Data Center.
Back to top Go down
Auly

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it. I'll make sure I can login tonight.
Back to top Go down
Serls

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:52 pm

http://www.arrstatus.com/

This is the server status webpage, it is not official but obvious. The only way to truly find out is to try and pick a NA server.

PostSubject: !Data Center Selection! Today at 12:45 pm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after the update you cannot log in unless you re-select a world.

Ragnarok is now on the EU servers. Which NA server if any at all is everyone going to go too because I'm not staying on Ragnarok. Titan was a nightmare alone for lag on BLM I can't count how many times what I saw was me far beyond those damned red lines and I still got knocked off.

I'd like to play sometime soon but this is important before I make my decision in case someone already has. Or has decided not to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
I wanted to provide more details on how the servers will work because when I briefly explained about data centers it looks like there were a lot of players that had questions about it.

What's going to happen is a player will be shown a complete list of worlds. Within the list, players will see which worlds are tied to which data centers (i.e. this world and this world is tied to the data center in Japan, this world and this world is tied to the data center in North America or Europe). Players will have the freedom of selecting any world they prefer.

This means that they can select a world that’s in the data center in their own region or they can select a world that's based off of one in another region. For example, I would choose a world based in Japan because the data centers are physically closer to me. On the other hand, a North American or European player may choose a world based off of their data center centers to keep the lag to a minimum.

So let me make it clear that we're not separating the worlds by language. For those who want to play with players outside of their region, they will have the choice of selecting a world that's located in another region. Also, through the content finder, you will be able to select a language preference so for those who only wish to play with players that speak the same language, all they have to do is set the language preference to the language of their liking.

Back to top Go down
Serls

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Tried not to add to the confusion but wanted to link the info I had posted earlier.
That makes me mad Kiri I wanted to play 5 hours ago and refused to even touch
a server selection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New update on Data Centers   New update on Data Centers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New update on Data Centers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Game Hunters FFXIV :: Ragnarok :: Free Company Events-
Jump to: